1. Radiator Curving Ltd require the customer to supply a template of the bay area.
2. Delivery charges are for UK Mainland only, for Scottish Highlands, Northern Ireland, Isle of Wight and Channel Islands please call for appropriate rates. Delivery can only be to the card holders address unless good are paid for by bank transfer.
3. Radiators are labelled as heavy and require reasonably fit people to be available when being delivered. Please note that cast iron radiators are kerb side delivery only and require 2 strong people to accept the delivery. The driver will not take these radiators into the property as they are pallatised.
4. Specific delivery times cannot be given. Delivery is usually Mon to Fri 8am to 5pm. This will be confirmed by Radiator Curving Ltd.
5. Radiator Curving Ltd will make every effort to deliver goods on the date or within the dates quoted, however such dates are a guideline only
and Radiator Curving Ltd shall not be held liable in any way. Any damages must be reported within a reasonable time ideally 24hrs.
6. Radiators are not supplied with valves.
7. Curved radiators once acknowledged by Radiator Curving Ltd cannot be cancelled because of their bespoke nature.
8. Our products are guaranteed from 5-10 years depending on the product chosen. The guarantee in all cases is restricted to the FOC replacement or repair of the failed product only. Any faulty products are to be returned to us prior to the replacement being delivered at the cost to you, the consumer.
9. The validity of our guarantee will be subject to correct system installation by a qualified Plumber.
10. Occasionally the manufacturing of your radiator may be delayed. This can be for various reasons such as material shortages, import delays or higher than anticipated demand. The Radiator Curving Ltd of course will make every effort to keep you informed.
Under the distance selling regulations you have the legal right to cancel your order within 14 working days from the day after receipt of the goods (with the exception of special order items).
Please make sure all goods are returned in the original, undamaged packaging at the cost of you, the consumer. This price is usually more than the standard delivery charge.
The Waste Electrical or Electronic Equipment (WEEE) Directive requires countries to maximise seperate collection and environmentally friendly processing of these items. In the UK, distributors (including retailers) must provide a system which allows all customers buying new electrical equipment the opportunity to recycle their old items free of charge. Those establishing their own take-back scheme must as a minimum offer all customers buying new electrical equipment free take back of their old electricals on a like-for-like basis. We are pleased to offer our customers the chance to recycle their old electrical items when purchasing a new item from us. Unwanted electrical equipment is the UK’s fastest growing type of waste. Many electrical items can be repaired or recycled, saving natural resources and the environment. If you do not recycle, electrical equipment will end up in landfill where hazardous substances will leak out and cause soil and water contamination – harming wildlife and also human health. To remind you that old electrical equipment can be recycled, it is marked with a crossed out wheeled bin symbol. Please do not throw any electrical equipment (including those marked with the crossed out wheeled bim symbol) in your Bin